Sunday, October 18, 2009

You had me at Pavlova



The Blue Mountains are different than our mountains, because the towns are at the top looking down into the valleys, rather than looking up at the peaks. There are many kinds of gum (eucalyptus) trees growing in the gorges. My room at the Lillanfel's resort was not ready, so I walked into the town of Katoomba. It has a strip of cafes and funky little shops. I had an awesome lunch of butternut soup and Turkish bread. My camera battery needed recharging, so I headed back to the hotel. As I waited for the battery to charge up, I went for a swim in the lovely pool.
For dinner, I had a romantic dinner for 1 at the hotel. Pavlova (a Aussie/Kiwi meringue and fruit dessert) was on the menu, so I had to have it. It was so delicious!!! See attached picture!!
The Lillanfel's resort was beautiful and provided a total break from the traffic and activity of Sydney.

1 comment:

  1. I just couldn't eat that dessert. It just looks to good for consumption!

    ReplyDelete