Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hunter Valley Wine Tour

This morning was an early one, 5 AM, just so I made sure I had enough time to check out of my hotel and make it to the bus pick up spot for my Hunter Valley bus tour. Of course, I made it there 45 minutes early, before anyone else got there, oh well.
Paul, our cute bus driver and tour guide, actually lived in Calgary last year for 6 months, so we had a connection right away. I was the only person on the bus tour staying overnight at the Hunter Valley resort, the rest were just on a day tour. We had some wine tastings at Lindeman's and a great lunch up here at the resort. Paul took good care of me and made sure my luggage got to the room. So sweet. He totally reminded me of someone back home. I think everyone has an Australian twin!
I had a very relaxing afternoon here at the winery. It is kind of nice being out of the city for a day, away from the noise and bustle. Since there is nothing else to do, I thought it would be a good chance to catch up on my blog.
Ok, a huge spider just ran across the table. I think I'm done for tonight. Aghhh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment