Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 4 - Seagull in a coffee shop


This morning I started off with a run around Lavender Bay. Lisa kindly reminded me that I am running a 1/2 marathon in just over a week - thanks for the kick in the butt, Lisa!!! I got a little lost, ended up running in a circle, finally found the path I was originally looking for and almost ran to the Prime Minister's house! Some Australian high school kids even asked my for directions - I must have looked a little bit like I knew where I was going.
After a quick shower, I hiked up the hill to catch the City Rail train to try to find my way to the Olympic Park to pick up my accreditation. With the help of a rail worker, I found my way. I got to the arena and there was a huge line up. It took about 2 hours to get my pass, backpack and participation certificate. I did meet some nice people in the line up, so it wasn't so bad. After the longer than expected process, I was starving. I headed over to a coffee shop by the ANZ stadium to grab a sandwich. A seagull accidentally came in and couldn't figure out how to get out. Another girl, the cashier and myself worked at rescuing it as it kept trying to fly through the window! Finally, he went out the front door!

3 comments:

  1. Ha - anytime you need a good kick in the butt, you know where to find me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are not you supposed to taper a week before the race? I mean just some casual short runs for maintaining speed is fine, but for sure you are not running long ones do not you?

    Anyway, it is good to hear you are doing well. Personally, I am having a soar throat (infection) and am staying at home. I missing Liesbeth much because she is with her father (she had to leave the same day you left to Australia because her father was suddenly in the hospital - he is doing fine now.)

    Best wishes for you run!

    Sander

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ya, I'm just doing short runs now, except when I get lost and they turn into longer than planned runs! Glad to hear Liesbeth's Dad is OK. Is she just going to stay over there for a few weeks?

    ReplyDelete