Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 2 - Arrival

The plane landed about 1 1/2 hours late, but it didn't matter to me. It was 8:30 am and check-in at my hotel isn't until 2 pm. I took a taxi to the hotel, so I could leave my bags there. In order to keep myself awake, I decided to explore the area around my hotel. It is on the North Shore of Sydney, which is more a business district than tourist area. It looks like there are some cool houses built on the hills overlooking the harbour. Beautiful views of downtown Sydney, the bridge and Opera House.
Finally 2 o'clock arrived and I could check in. I desperately wanted a shower! My apartment room was great - a kitchen, living room area, bed looking out the window - what more can a girl ask for? Oh ya, the internet. It seems that, due to the dust storm last week, the internet was not working in some of the rooms in my hotel - mine being one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment