Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Bondi Beach


Last time I was in Oz, I never made it out to Bondi Beach, so I figured I had better this time. The weather in the morning was looking promising, so I headed out. I took the train, which I am finding quite easy. It sounds like people who live in Sydney aren't that impressed with it as it tends to run late and is getting old. I'm finding it not as scary as I had anticipated.
When I got off the train, I thought I would walk down to the beach. Well, considering I forgot my map back in the hotel, it turned into a really long walk. I did eventually find it, but Lisa's Mom was right - it would be best to take the bus. There is a main street with restaurants, cafes and shops that runs along the beach. Most of the people in the ocean were surfers, as the water is a bit rough for just swimming. It is so nice to feel the sand between the toes and hear the crash of the waves (especially for a prairie girl like me!).
Taking Lisa's Mom's advice, I took the bus back to the train station. There I found a fantastic shopping mall (5 floors!), so I wandered around there for a bit.
Once I got back to the hotel, it was time to clean up and pack up. Now my touring starts, so I had better get used to early mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment